Project Bar-B-Q 2016:
Matthew Lee Johnston, Audio Innovation Director, Microsoft HoloLens
Amy X Neuburg, Electronic avant-cabaret performer/composer
Peter Otto, Director, Sonic Arts R&D, UCSD + various ongoing external projects and adventures including Boomcloud360, Crescendo Media Engineering, and Comhear, + spatial music composer
Project Bar-B-Q is an intense conference held annually in October at a resort in the central Texas hill country. This is our 21st year.
The goal of Project Bar-B-Q is
INFLUENCING AUDIO HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
OVER THE NEXT 5 YEARS
To this end, three to five groups are formed, each consisting of hardware developers, software developers, audio engineers, composers, and tech executives. Each group tackles a problem that has been identified as one of the industry's most important, spending two days of facilitated brainstorming to formulate its best shot at a solution. The result of this work is the annual BBQ report.
General categories of discussion are:
- Predicting and/or Directing the Future of Audio on Mobile Devices, the Web, Consoles, Computers, and Any Other Technology Platform
- Exploring and Influencing Business Models for IP, Distribution, and Other Concerns
- Exploring and Influencing Hardware Design
- Software, Tools, and Architecture: Innovations and Standardization
- Audio Evangelism and Empowerment of the Audio Community
- Anything Else Relating to Audio Technology Brought Forward by the Attendees
Hosted by Platinum Sponsor Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories creates innovative products and technologies that elevate the entertainment experience--at the movies, at home or on the go. Dolby's technologies define premium audio. Together with its latest innovations in imaging, these technologies raise the bar on high quality entertainment. With Dolby, sound surrounds and images come to life.