Project Bar-B-Q is an intense conference held annually in October at a resort in the central Texas hill country. This is our 18th year.
The goal of Project Bar-B-Q is
INFLUENCING AUDIO HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
OVER THE NEXT 5 YEARS
To this end, three to five groups are formed, each consisting of hardware developers, software developers, audio engineers, composers, and tech executives. Each group tackles a problem that has been identified as one of the industry's most important, spending two days of facilitated brainstorming to formulate its best shot at a solution. The result of this work is the annual BBQ report.
General categories of discussion are:
- Predicting and/or Directing the Future of Audio on Mobile Devices, the Web, Consoles, Computers, and Any Other Technology Platform
- Exploring and Influencing Business Models for IP, Distribution, and Other Concerns
- Exploring and Influencing Hardware Design
- Software, Tools, and Architecture: Innovations and Standardization
- Audio Evangelism and Empowerment of the Audio Community
- Anything Else Relating to Audio Technology Brought Forward by the Attendees
Hosted by Platinum Sponsor Dolby Laboratories