A THINK-TANK STYLE CONFERENCE EXPLORING AND DEFINING THE FUTURE OF AUDIO
From 1996 through 2019, Project Bar-B-Q gathered together an elite group of brilliant minds working to positively influence the future of audio technology.
We combined intense and effective workgroup techniques with Texas-sized hospitality in a unique all-inclusive event each year that provided industry guidance and promoted community and cooperation.
Please have a look at our reports archive.
INFLUENCING AUDIO HARDWARE & SOFTWARE OVER THE NEXT 5 YEARS
To this end, three to five workgroups are formed, each consisting of hardware developers, software developers, audio engineers, composers, and tech executives. Each group tackles a problem that has been identified as one of the industry’s most important, spending two days of facilitated brainstorming to formulate its best shot at a solution. The result of this work is the annual BBQ report.
General categories of discussion are:
- Predicting and/or Directing the Future of Audio on Mobile Devices, the Web, Consoles, Computers, and Any Other Technology Platform
- Exploring and Influencing Business Models for IP, Distribution, and Other Concerns
- Exploring and Influencing Hardware Design
- Software, Tools, and Architecture: Innovations and Standardization
- Audio Evangelism and Empowerment of the Audio Community
- Anything Else Relating to Audio Technology Brought Forward by the Attendees