March 18, 2020
After a long discussion, we have decided to go ahead and open registration on March 26th as planned. We have looked at the data and the massive worldwide efforts on anti-virals, vaccines, and global mitigation. While the state of the world isn’t certain for Fall, we think that the COVID-19 pandemic will have ebbed, and hopefully minimally impact Project Bar-B-Q. At this point we are still planning on hosting the event at the Meyer B&B outside of San Antonio. We take your safety seriously, and if we cancel Project Bar-B-Q this fall, either because we are required to, or we feel it is the right thing to do, your BBQ 2020 registration fee will be rolled over to next year.
If you are registered to attend BBQ this year, and you need to cancel due to one of the following circumstances:
- In order to comply with disease control restrictions implemented by relevant governmental or health authorities,
- In order to perform medical or caretaking duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak for relatives or family members,
- As a result of flight or ground transportation cancellations initiated by an airline or ground transportation provider due to the COVID-19 outbreak,
- In the event that you are subject to governmental or corporate travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 outbreak,
- In the event that you are diagnosed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by a medical or health authority,
You will have the option of transferring your attendance to another representative of your company, selling your spot to another alumni, or crediting your registration fee to 2021. We will waive the late change fee if you need to transfer your attendance less than two weeks out; and if you have to cancel within those two weeks without a replacement, we will apply 90% of your registration fee to the following year.
It will be good to see you all at the end of the craziness we are experiencing now, and we look forward to celebrating twenty-five years of camaraderie, alliances, and your achievement of influencing the future of audio.
Thank you for your loyalty, support and attendance all these years.
All the best,
Teresa & Linda