COVID-19 Statement

UPDATE: June 23, 2020

Dear BBQ’ers,

This is a sad day.

We have come to the difficult conclusion that it is in our community’s best interest to postpone our 25th Annual Project Bar-B-Q until 2021. At this point in time it looks highly likely that travel challenges will persist, and masks and social distancing will continue to be necessary through the end of the year. Those of you who have attended BBQ know that gathering under these circumstances isn’t practical at our current location. On top of that, we would feel horrible if anyone contracted COVID-19 while traveling to our event.

We want to thank our sponsors and everyone who registered for this Fall’s event. We appreciate you hanging in there with us while we waited and hoped we would be able to gather this year. You have our deepest appreciation for your loyalty. Your 2020 registration fee amount has already been automatically applied to next year’s attendance, and we want to thank our generous sponsors who have agreed to carry over their commitment to 2021.

Although we are disappointed that we won’t get to see you in October, we are looking forward to hosting everyone next year to celebrate 25 years of influencing audio hardware & software.

Our sympathies are with those affected and disrupted by this virus around the world.
We hope you all stay safe and healthy.

With love and gratitude,

Teresa & Linda


March 18, 2020

After a long discussion, we have decided to go ahead and open registration on March 26th as planned. We have looked at the data and the massive worldwide efforts on anti-virals, vaccines, and global mitigation. While the state of the world isn’t certain for Fall, we think that the COVID-19 pandemic will have ebbed, and hopefully minimally impact Project Bar-B-Q. At this point we are still planning on hosting the event at the Meyer B&B outside of San Antonio. We take your safety seriously, and if we cancel Project Bar-B-Q this fall, either because we are required to, or we feel it is the right thing to do, your BBQ 2020 registration fee will be rolled over to next year.

If you are registered to attend BBQ this year, and you need to cancel due to one of the following circumstances:

  • In order to comply with disease control restrictions implemented by relevant governmental or health authorities,
  • In order to perform medical or caretaking duties in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak for relatives or family members,
  • As a result of flight or ground transportation cancellations initiated by an airline or ground transportation provider due to the COVID-19 outbreak,
  • In the event that you are subject to governmental or corporate travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 outbreak,
  • In the event that you are diagnosed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 by a medical or health authority,

You will have the option of transferring your attendance to another representative of your company, selling your spot to another alumni, or crediting your registration fee to 2021. We will waive the late change fee if you need to transfer your attendance less than two weeks out; and if you have to cancel within those two weeks without a replacement, we will apply 90% of your registration fee to the following year.

It will be good to see you all at the end of the craziness we are experiencing now, and we look forward to celebrating twenty-five years of camaraderie, alliances, and your achievement of influencing the future of audio.

Thank you for your loyalty, support and attendance all these years.

All the best,
: )
Teresa & Linda